New
Find
Notify
Tools

kevin brannon accident
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
looks like he just got out of the groove and when it got back into the groove sideways she flipped?

or did something lock up in the rear??

sucks to see that

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I was sick just watching it. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Glad he got out and was able to walk away from it.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
glad he got right out and was walking.
drove to the left with the wheels up and drove too far out without lifting. trying to steer it back at that point is all it takes to turn it over.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
bruce thrift just does the same thing...completely out of the grove and then trys to steer it back in and flips...just not worth it...lift!!!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
you know how the internet is. Everybody is an expert.

I don't know for a fact but I was told when he came down from the wheelie the transbrake was accidentally re engaged.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:

I don't know for a fact but I was told when he came down from the wheelie the transbrake was accidentally re engaged.

If this is true, perhaps they should use a delay box with a “Push-button Interrupt Time” or program it if they have this feature. This safety feature temporarily disables the buttons used to apply the Transbrake, when the vehicle leaves the starting line. This prevents the
Transbrake from being accidently applied by the driver inadvertently hitting a button during the race.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:
you know how the internet is. Everybody is an expert.

This is NOT true.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
the video is self explanatory.

we don't realize how dangerous this sport really can be

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
The video shows the rear wheels not turning. It doesn't show the cause.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Link to video?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post