Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA TD/TS Points
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Cazman
posted
What's everybody's thoughts on taking the best 3 out of 5 National events for points instead of 3 out of 6 like all the other Sportsman classes? I know the 2019 NHRA schedule hurt a couple divisions for getting to National events next year. The Top 10 from the last 2 years would have been slightly different if it was 3 out of 6. I would prefer it 3 out of 6.

Also, I race in D6 and D7 where we have 48-car fields and I hate it. Don't like the extra round and the semi final bye run. The winner gets an extra 10-points from the other divisions which is nice but everybody else gets punished. Meaning, in a 48-car field if we win 5 rounds and lose in the final we get 84 points where if you win 5-rounds in a 32-car field you get 95 points for the win. We also get 1-point less per round in a 48-car field. I do like the last race of the year at Vegas being 64-cars, it gives a little bonus for any championship contenders at the end of the year that needs points. I would like to see all divisions run 32-car fields except Vegas being a 64-car field. Thoughts?

Steve Casner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Posts: 455 | Location: Sheridan, CA USA | Registered: August 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
yes 32 cars at all races ... 64 cars and its no longer T/D , its basically an all run with S/C cars in the mix .. the fun is watching 40-50 cars trying to make the top 32 in qualifying ....

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
32 car fields
64 @ lvms end of year

Top comp for td/ts non qualifiers

Posts: 83 | Location: Benicia Ca | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Doug Crumlich
posted Hide Post
AHH the debate runs on.

Basically, Mainly Division 7, there is no other place to race your top sportsman car. Everyone shows up and we can support a 48 car field. Plus in the winter, you can only really race Florida, California, Arizona and Las Vegas. The snow birds load up our races and would push the normally 24-36 qualifiers out of the race. Then those guys say hell with this and don't come back.

Generally, only the fast guys want 32 car fields until they spend $1,000 to make three qualifiers and don't make the show. Then it sucks.

Look at National events which are 32 car fields. Out of 18 races only 10 TD had bumps and 5 of 18 TS had bumps.

So why do we want to lower the participation by going 32.

It's a bracket race. You may look at setting a max dial in but if you run that fast then you should race. This is not a PRO CLASS!

Top Sportsman

Posts: 318 | Location: Irvine,CA,92606 | Registered: December 29, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
yes 32 cars at all races ... 64 cars and its no longer T/D , its basically an all run with S/C cars in the mix .. the fun is watching 40-50 cars trying to make the top 32 in qualifying ....

^^^THIS^^^

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sort of like a 6.10 Index Class? As the TD cars become quicker, and they are, the field is becoming tighter. I can see the day when it might take a 6.20 (or quicker) to get in, especially Division 3.

Bob

Posts: 3074 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
76 dragsters in Vegas trying for the 64 spots and they all were S/C cars. LMAO Dancing Cat

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
32 cars at all Td ts races in Nhra, IMHO

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I am all for the 32 car field but calling the last race of the year in Vegas an all run S/C field is a stretch.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Maybe ALL RUN fields at all events with 30 bonus points if you qualify in the Top 32?

If guys aren't careful,you will eventually run out a lot of folks in this class with 32 car fields at all races.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Maybe ALL RUN fields at all events with 30 bonus points if you qualify in the Top 32?

If guys aren't careful,you will eventually run out a lot of folks in this class with 32 car fields at all races.

And dont forget the participation trophy

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Maybe ALL RUN fields at all events with 30 or more bonus points if you qualify in the Top 32?

And dont forget the participation trophy

The topic of this thread was TS/TD POINTS.

If all qualifiers that did not get in to the top 32 in qualifying were to not get 30 bonus points,I don't think any "slow" cars would ever be the World Champion or Divisional Champion.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
As it is already if you don’t qualify you don’t receive any points. So I guess you could say that there is no participation points.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don’t agree. If you water it down (64) then yes it becomes boring. 32 keeps it fast and healthy! We have a bunch of friends in SC. The guys I know have no plans to run TD or TS. I get it. The fun is qualifying for us and haulin A z z. The few that I do know who have switched to TS and TD are not going back., They are having a blast! It’s a performance class with a fast dial in! What more could you ask for?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:

I don’t agree. If you water it down (64) then yes it becomes boring. 32 keeps it fast and healthy! We have a bunch of friends in SC. The guys I know have no plans to run TD or TS. I get it. The fun is qualifying for us and haulin A z z. The few that I do know who have switched to TS and TD are not going back., They are having a blast! It’s a performance class with a fast dial in! What more could you ask for?

Very well put. And yes I am having a blast since jumping in this year

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
As it is already if you don’t qualify you don’t receive any points. So I guess you could say that there is no participation points.

you get 10 pts for going through tech and/or not qualifying.

Posts: 133 | Location: ohio | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Doug Crumlich
posted Hide Post
Even PDRA has a 48 car field
Quick 16
Top dot 32
They found a way for the big money to race and the rest to race

I know NHRA does not want two points systems. But it shows the support is there on the East coast. So why aren’t they supporting NHRA? That is the issue

We don’t want this category going the way of ProStock and Comp Eliminator where they drove participation away

Top Sportsman

Posts: 318 | Location: Irvine,CA,92606 | Registered: December 29, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Crumlich:
Quick 16
Top dot 32

I know NHRA does not want two points systems. But it shows the support is there on the East coast. So why aren’t they supporting NHRA? That is the issue

We don’t want this category going the way of ProStock and Comp Eliminator where they drove participation away

I read your post and didn't have a clue what you were talking about. Found this:

http://www.pdra660.com/competi.../rules/top-dragster/

That seems like a plan to make everyone "happy".

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Crumlich:
Quick 16
Top dot 32

We don’t want this category going the way of Pro Stock and Comp Eliminator where they drove participation away

Pro Stock and Comp have always been about money, development and HP and EGO. The last changes to PS ran off half of the entries HMMMM They had the opportunity to showcase the new factory hot rods but instead tried to make PS look like FS (Fake Stock Wink cars.. Brilliant...That’s what ran them off...The Pro classes have evolved from the beginning. TD and TS will police themselves with a max and min dial. Keep it at 32 and let those who want to run it step up like you and everyone else has. JMHO...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Doug Crumlich
posted Hide Post
Quick 16
Top dot 32

Top Sportsman