Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Crumlich:
Even PDRA has a 48 car field
Quick 16
Top dot 32
They found a way for the big money to race and the rest to race

I know NHRA does not want two points systems. But it shows the support is there on the East coast. So why aren’t they supporting NHRA? That is the issue

"so why aren't they supporting NHRA?"

Just take one look at the payouts...……...what is it to win an NHRA divisional? $1500? I don't even know anymore. I do know it's $4000 to win the top 16 and $3500 for the slower class in PDRA, shoot even a 1st round loss is $200. So if you qualify for either field and lose 1st round, you get your entry back, can't beat that. PDRA has put a hurt on the car counts at divisionals in D2,D1 and to a lesser degree D3.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: "The Bender",

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
On top of what "Bender" mentioned I'm moving over for a few other reasons also.
-- 2 day events, can travel home on Sunday (if weather permits), less time off work.
-- only 8 races total.
-- no 6.10 dial to slow my car down to.

I'm excited to try my hand at it.
Ask me next year how I like it. Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 954 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
On top of what "Bender" mentioned I'm moving over for a few other reasons also.
-- 2 day events, can travel home on Sunday (if weather permits), less time off work.
-- only 8 races total.
-- no 6.10 dial to slow my car down to.

I'm excited to try my hand at it.
Ask me next year how I like it. Big Grin

Yeah but at 1/8 mile, you are only half way there... no full pull.. Big Grin Wink I’m kidding of course.
Hopefully more coming to the West Coast.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:

Yeah but at 1/8 mile, you are only half way there... no full pull.. Big Grin Wink I’m kidding of course.
Hopefully more coming to the West Coast.

Oh come on 3.90s half pull seems fast to me ...LOL

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
3.90's, pfffft

Laughing Hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Lmao... 3.90 is Fast!! Bender could do that on 7 cylinders or less! We need 7 more cylinders to come close!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I want to see this V15.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Finishing a 781 NA now. Without squeeze or compressed air I don’t think 3.90 is in the cards...maybe 4.teens..4.20?? 2240lbs

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sorry Steve - back to the points topic.

Raceless in California!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not real sure what all the fuss about national points in T/S- T/D is all about.I get some divisions run 32 car fields and some run 48 car fields and that allows some to pick up additional points....and the guy or gal with the most points wins the championship....That pays nothing...is it all about the trophy or bragging rights??? I completely understand this in the classes that actually pay the national champ...T/S T/D does not pay anything that I know of?

Posts: 52 | Location: pinckney michigan | Registered: February 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SimmerManiac
posted Hide Post
It seems ridiculous to have a National Points Series where half the series is running on one point system and the other half is running on another(I know it’s not half and half, only D6&7)
I think most could live with either, but the rules need to be the same for everyone imho.

Posts: 39 | Location: Brownsburg, IN | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Win 5th round at 5 races in D1-D5 and your point total is 475,win 5th round at 5 races in D6-D7 and your point total is 420. Just something to think about.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Win 5th round at 5 races in D1-D5 and your point total is 475,win 5th round at 5 races in D6-D7 and your point total is 420. Just something to think about.

WTH? Why would it not be the same? Class Q size?

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Its a play on numbers.
Yes, Qualifying size.

If you win 5 rounds in D1-D5 you WIN the race earning 95 points (earning the 10 extra round points), where in D6-D7 you are the Runner up and earn 84 points per race.

However if you win 5 races in D1-D5 you still get the 475 points BUT winning in D6-D7 you get 525 points (the difference of the added round for each race).

That's why MANY people that are in the points hunt at the end of the year go west to earn those extra points (if they win).
Smile

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 954 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post