Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone building something new
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Well with injector being bigger than blower getting air to blower should not be problem.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Ready to test.....I hope lol

Posts: 2402 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
I would get in the habit of not leaving that turning bar on there.... been there done that

X2.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Finally got to let the button go yesterday testing at a brand new 1/8th mile track we have in north TX. 1st hit it launched good and I lifted at 3 secs and coasted to a 4.43 @ 129 mph. 2nd and last hit I took it to the 1/8 and ran 4.09 @176 mph on a very fat tune up. I think I may have something to work with Big Grin . Next runs with be 1/4 mile license runs at the Motorplex in 2 weeks.

Posts: 2402 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
NICE.
Not worthy

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 954 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Finally got to let the button go yesterday testing at a brand new 1/8th mile track we have in north TX. 1st hit it launched good and I lifted at 3 secs and coasted to a 4.43 @ 129 mph. 2nd and last hit I took it to the 1/8 and ran 4.09 @176 mph on a very fat tune up. I think I may have something to work with Big Grin . Next runs with be 1/4 mile license runs at the Motorplex in 2 weeks.

Great running and looking car! Congrats! So 1/4 mile yet??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
License passes this coming Friday night if the weather holds out

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Big Steve... Looks like your on the way to some low 6s ... Congrats ... have a great time this weekend...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Steve sorry to hear about your luck.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Yep bad luck for sure Moe between weather and now engine problems. Good news is I Got my license passes done Friday night, went 212mph on 7 cylinders!!, near as I can figure a exh rocker bolt came loose putting the load on the other bolt snapping it. With the exh valve shut the cylinder filled with fuel then the intake push rod pushed the adjuster out of the rocker and also trashed the lifter at the push rod cup. Welcome to blown alcohol TD racing too me, but I did get to go over 200 mph twice Super Angry

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Yep bad luck for sure Moe between weather and now engine problems. Good news is I Got my license passes done Friday night, went 212mph on 7 cylinders!!, near as I can figure a exh rocker bolt came loose putting the load on the other bolt snapping it. With the exh valve shut the cylinder filled with fuel then the intake push rod pushed the adjuster out of the rocker and also trashed the lifter at the push rod cup. Welcome to blown alcohol TD racing too me, but I did get to go over 200 mph twice

Well Big Steve 200 MPH was a good thing . On seven cylinders is down right scary . Hope you can make it back on the track without a lot of time and expense....

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I heard Jenavet was as soon as he gets his new block from China. Full Moon

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Well 2 rockers, 1 stand, 1 lifter, 1 exh valve, 2 push rods, rings and bearings for 1 piston later and its back together. Took it out Friday for a couple of 1/8th mile test hits going 4.01 and 4.03 both at 180.

4.01 @ 180 ride along
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPfmxWxuaZ4

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Alright Big Steve way to go !!! Now let’s get back to racing now , when is your next race happening ??

You Da Man

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Well D4 just got a little quicker. Qualified #13 for my first TD race. Lost 1st rd when I blew the tires off at .700 into the run but thats okay, I had a blast and the car ran great and didnt break anything. Just need the driver to catch up to the car with more seat time

DRR Trophy
Picture of COPO Rat
posted Hide Post
I'm new here...

I will be running division 5 for a few races getting my feet wet. New territory for me. Excited to jump in the water.

Posts: 15 | Location: Denver Colorado | Registered: June 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COPO Rat:
I'm new here...

I will be running division 5 for a few races getting my feet wet. New territory for me. Excited to jump in the water.

Welcome to the club, jump on in the waters fine.