New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone building something new
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I want to do a turbo setup so bad I cant hardly stand it but, just cant afford it..... SO ne wheels and tires for me... thankful for facebook raffles

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
I want to do a turbo setup so bad I cant hardly stand it but, just cant afford it..... SO ne wheels and tires for me... thankful for facebook raffles
King of the raffles,what are you up to two pairs of bead lock wheels already?

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I dropped the Nitrous bottles and did a procharger

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
I dropped the Nitrous bottles and did a procharger
6.0's on the horizon.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
King of the raffles,what are you up to two pairs of bead lock wheels already?

Lol I have three now thanks

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wouldnt go that far I would be happy with the ability to go 30s

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
New top sportsman car in the works, top dragster is going to a place I'd rather not go and top sportsman is never a full field, so I'm moving over there. Maybe have it together next year some time

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Come on in Will. The water is still knee deep and warm.. Big Grin

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
New top sportsman car in the works, top dragster is going to a place I'd rather not go and top sportsman is never a full field, so I'm moving over there. Maybe have it together next year some time
What is wrong with T/D? Do tell.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
quote:
What is wrong with T/D? Do tell.

Just too fast, Top.sportsman is usually not full fields, especially up in d6 and I like racing up there more then in the dessert. I'll probably run the dragster in TD until it doesn't qualify as well, but i have little interest in going any faster then it already is. The door car will have an identical motor to the dragster so expecting it to run 7.30's reliably

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Look at the speeds some of the Top Sportsman cars are running these days. That fast in a short WB car take a lot of cajones.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It's not the speed that I dont like, it's the cost and time involved that I just don't want to do. I'm happy running the way I do now and I like my combo. I'll have the same combo in the door car and have no problem qualifying for a very long time in top sportsman, especially in D6 which most of thier races are closer to me then most of D7.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's not the speed that I dont like, it's the cost and time involved that I just don't want to do. I'm happy running the way I do now and I like my combo. I'll have the same combo in the door car and have no problem qualifying for a very long time in top sportsman, especially in D6 which most of their races are closer to me then most of D7.

Will what did your dragster weigh? I'm sure you added the min for TS so what will it run?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
It's not the speed that I dont like, it's the cost and time involved that I just don't want to do. I'm happy running the way I do now and I like my combo. I'll have the same combo in the door car and have no problem qualifying for a very long time in top sportsman, especially in D6 which most of their races are closer to me then most of D7.

Will what did your dragster weigh? I'm sure you added the min for TS so what will it run?
it's 1875 most of the time. Went 6.86 at that weight. Figure itll 350-400 pounds heavier...

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Whats minimum weight for NA top sportsman car without a bottle?

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 706 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Whats minimum weight for NA top sportsman car without a bottle?

2200 for a n/a big block.

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:

Which is damn near unattainable...........unfortunately

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XPS fan:
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:

Which is damn near unattainable...........unfortunately

^lol.. billit alum block, heads , carbon brakes, body and front end, light wheels, light carbs,
2230-40 with a 230 lb driver.

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not t/d, but going efi this season. Coming together more slowly and more expensively than I had hoped. LOL It's something new for me.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Not t/d, but going efi this season. Coming together more slowly and more expensively than I had hoped. LOL It's something new for me.

If I was starting from scratch, I'd go with the Comsync EFI, but the cost to change over from MFI just dosen't make sense...........

This message has been edited. Last edited by: "The Bender",

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post