Share |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
putting a top dragster on a diet
 Login/Join
 
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Yes. LOL


Just say NO to socialism.
 
Posts: 3672 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Anyone here use much carbon fiber in their dragsters? Wonder how a cf seat would be to fabricate? It looks interesting to work with.



the Spitzers .....have carbon fiber;

seat
main body
rear side panels
nose cone
dash
wing
steering wheel
panel under top of body
floor pan
engine spill pan
 
Posts: 627 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
they sure do build some strong/light cars. I have one. 235 @ 1825 loaded.

I got a quote from spitzer for a basic but lightweight car you are 40k with hardly any options....when your done adding racepak and wheels/tires your up over 50k :quote:

yes but they are light and work very well (NO bouncing problem).......our 272"nitrous car is 1670# without driver .... thats with 2 complete brake systems, dual chutes , a 30 lb battery NOS bottle , nose weight .1/2" mid plate ... so we could be 1625# EASILY ....
 
Posts: 627 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
they sure do build some strong/light cars. I have one. 235 @ 1825 loaded.

I got a quote from spitzer for a basic but lightweight car you are 40k with hardly any options....when your done adding racepak and wheels/tires your up over 50k :quote:

yes but they are light and work very well (NO bouncing problem).......our 272"nitrous car is 1670# without driver .... thats with 2 complete brake systems, dual chutes , a 30 lb battery NOS bottle , nose weight .1/2" mid plate ... so we could be 1625# EASILY ....


I have my eye on one and I'm trying to ignore it. I think my suspended car is about 1825 with me in it, sbc, twin hairdryers. Curious how much lighter I would be with a 272" Spitzer


Just say NO to socialism.
 
Posts: 3672 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Speaking to a fella that owns one, they seem to be about 125 or so lbs lighter. Plus or minus 25 lbs I think.


Just say NO to socialism.
 
Posts: 3672 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
im very confused about my diet...2019 I went over the scale at 2050lbs...for 2020 I did lighter axles,lighter center section with aluminum spool,lighter converter,lighter rear wheels which the scale said a total loss of 68lbs.

I go over the scale at Georgia and Orlando and she weighs 2050lbs...exact same as last year....but the car went faster lol
 
Posts: 964 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
im very confused about my diet...2019 I went over the scale at 2050lbs...for 2020 I did lighter axles,lighter center section with aluminum spool,lighter converter,lighter rear wheels which the scale said a total loss of 68lbs.

I go over the scale at Georgia and Orlando and she weighs 2050lbs...exact same as last year....but the car went faster lol


Gravity is getting stronger.


272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'


www.ftiperformance.com

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner
 
Posts: 2332 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
im very confused about my diet...2019 I went over the scale at 2050lbs...for 2020 I did lighter axles,lighter center section with aluminum spool,lighter converter,lighter rear wheels which the scale said a total loss of 68lbs.

I go over the scale at Georgia and Orlando and she weighs 2050lbs...exact same as last year....but the car went faster lol


Gravity is getting stronger.


Must be, I took 20lbs off the car and 50lbs off the driver and only came up 40lbs lighter on the scales this year.... HMMMM
 
Posts: 967 | Location: On the the dark side now | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5  
 


© DragRaceResults.com 2018