DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Not Necessarily Racing News!    Retired hobbies after racing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retired hobbies after racing
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well,.....last Sept 1st I've been retired professionally 23 years. Wife and I sold our small Gift Shop 21 years ago. Since then we have RV'd all over the USA. I've done a lot of Ministry Construction volunteer work all over Mexico,...Central America,...South America...Fiji,...New Zealand and the bush of Alaska. But I still love drag racing. Don't drive anymore. My son and I both have Blown Alcohol dragsters. My son drives mine and my grandkids drive my sons. My son and I have gotten involved in Outlaw Street Racing and having a ball crew Chiefing a couple of cars. Still build a couple blown motors a year for friends. Always have plenty to do and when I want to rest I do. 77 1/2 years old now and still going,....but certainly getting harder.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Chase women 'till I'm 90; then get shot by a jealous 22-year-old husband.

Posts: 327 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron C.:
Well,.....last Sept 1st I've been retired professionally 23 years. Wife and I sold our small Gift Shop 21 years ago. Since then we have RV'd all over the USA. I've done a lot of Ministry Construction volunteer work all over Mexico,...Central America,...South America...Fiji,...New Zealand and the bush of Alaska. But I still love drag racing. Don't drive anymore. My son and I both have Blown Alcohol dragsters. My son drives mine and my grandkids drive my sons. My son and I have gotten involved in Outlaw Street Racing and having a ball crew Chiefing a couple of cars. Still build a couple blown motors a year for friends. Always have plenty to do and when I want to rest I do. 77 1/2 years old now and still going,....but certainly getting harder.

Badass!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6381 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Three seasons. RAcing,hunting and fly fishing.

Guns have always been a passion as has speed. If giving up one I guess I would be all in on the others. Custom building a fine shooting rifle is just as rewarding as building a fast car.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Last year I refurbished, as a volunteer mechanic at a local bike shop, 500 kids bikes. Most are 20”. We gave away 1200 bikes 12/15 to local kids. First come first serve.
I also cycled 8034 road miles on the local streets.
When you retire, make sure you have hobbies but also do things that extend your life by better health and absolutely give back to local charities with you crafty race skills.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Last year I refurbished, as a volunteer mechanic at a local bike shop, 500 kids bikes. Most are 20”. We gave away 1200 bikes 12/15 to local kids. First come first serve.
I also cycled 8034 road miles on the local streets.
When you retire, make sure you have hobbies but also do things that extend your life by better health and absolutely give back to local charities with you crafty race skills.

Very cool!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6381 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post