DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Not Necessarily Racing News!    Run on Banks -- People taking OUT CASH
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Run on Banks -- People taking OUT CASH
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Oh probably responding to Mike The Sky is Falling and just thought I should Point it out and I told you so, Reitow. Makes sense.

I never said anything about bank runs, but globalism.

Bank runs would be a result of globalism.

The sky is falling is relative, for your love of a world of sin.

To put it into perspective, 900,000 people lost their jobs in 2008. 2.5 million have already filed for unemployment 2020.

Truth brings not peace, but a sword. Mathew 10:34

Me, I'm just passing through. The sword (Truth) doesn't trouble me.

I always expect/anticipate conflicts between Good and evil.

Did you guys EVER think somebody would come along that would make you miss ED ?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4448 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
How did this go from Bank Accounts to valve trains?. What did i miss a section?

"There's only one thing worse than a defeated politician, and that's a broke one."

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So how does chinesium vs american goods apply to bracket racing?

Many bracket racers can't afford a $2500 US made crankshaft for example,so they buy the cheaper one (which is cast in, where else but China).

It is my belief that many a bracket racer would be sitting in the bleachers, or on the bank of their favorite fishing hole if it weren't for "affordable" chincanese parts. Put that into perspective. Not all of us are rich.

I ain't getting into the political aspects. I have my views, y'all have yours and we understand and respect each other.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:

Many bracket racers can't afford a $2500 US made crankshaft for example,so they buy the cheaper one (which is cast in, where else but China).

It is my belief that many a bracket racer would be sitting in the bleachers, or on the bank of their favorite fishing hole if it weren't for "affordable" chincanese parts. Put that into perspective. Not all of us are rich.

I ain't getting into the political aspects. I have my views, y'all have yours and we understand and respect each other.

As the communist/globalist noose tightens around the necks of Americans, to be a person who can afford a made in USA crankshaft, will come down to how much chinese garbaaaage one can peddle.

If this doesn't tell you it is the chinese garbaaage which pressures your wages, nothing will.

The vile maxim hidden hand behind globalism is all for ourselves, and nothing for other people.

Vile meaning morally corrupt and maxim meaning short statement expressing a general Truth.

How do Americans participating in globalism have any self respect, knowing how easily they are deceived by the morally corrupt repeatedly for a lifetime, is what I wanna know?

Seems they've learned to enjoy being raped.

It's the exact opposite of patriotism. Patriotism is devotion and loyalty to country and its people.

https://youtu.be/5nBReYGm8WI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

Poor Ed, he'll be your scapegoat forever anytime you can't find anything reasonable to say. Let's just hope for Ed's sake, you're not triggered too often eh?

Whoever Ed is.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

Laughing Hard Tip PC

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:

Well, it's a reasonable point. And one that obviously extends beyond racing. Computers, TV's phones. Most are made in China. Junk? Obviously not. Anyone who has hung their hat on the "Chinese products are junk" hook ignores that mostly, they build what we want. They have enormous, and amazing industrial parks over there where everything from design, to prototyping, tooling and even the manufacturing can be sourced. And they can turn a product from paper to the real thing mass produced in amazing time. Underestimating their abilities to produce exactly what is asked from them, cheaply and quickly is a mistake. Plus, to simply turn off the spigot is going to create pricing spikes and shortages of a lot of things. We can figure it all out, and we need to. The worst thing we can do is simply go to the next "China" and go to the next 3rd world country and export our wealth to them.

But back to your point: It's going to be more expensive no doubt. Acceptable quality, reliable race car parts are plentiful, partially because of the China supply. We need to stop relying on China, but there will be pain and we need to realize that. And it will be worth it. And if we play our cards right, American manufacturing will employ many more people because of it.

Trust me I get it. I used the turbo example earlier. $170 for a GT45 style knockoff. Replace it with American made and you are likely at least 4x the price.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
At the risk of posting something relevant to the original topic...

So are people going to ship cash to handle their mortgage payments? What's the point of taking cash out of the bank? This isn't the 1930's. We live in a largely digital economy. Yes, you can pay cash for local transactions, but the vast majority of people's bills are paid online or check by mail.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pelosi says this won't infringe upon privacy rights, it's perfectly legal to hide the new currency under the mattress. Roll Eyes

https://youtu.be/mxAD_jTFm08

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Michael,
No they won't.
They will just NOT pay their mortgage, rent, electric, gas, etc, etc. and keep the cash for the food.
I don't think a lot of you see what is going on here.

There IS a run on food and basic necessities running out.
CASH IS KING.

Think about the landlord, his tenants will NOT be paying Aprils rent due to NO JOB,
so now what does he do.
What about small businesses, they won't pay their rent if they have no business, what will their landlords do with no money coming in, I doubt they will pay a mortgage with 0$ coming in.
This is going to make the 2008 housing bubble look like a weekend bar-b-que if they don't put a stop to it QUICKLY.

It's going to get bad, why do you think there is such a run on guns and ammo which are now (at least around here) accepting CASH ONLY.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
Michael,
No they won't.
They will just NOT pay their mortgage, rent, electric, gas, etc, etc. and keep the cash for the food.
I don't think a lot of you see what is going on here.

There IS a run on food and basic necessities running out.
CASH IS KING.

Think about the landlord, his tenants will NOT be paying Aprils rent due to NO JOB,
so now what does he do.
What about small businesses, they won't pay their rent if they have no business, what will their landlords do with no money coming in, I doubt they will pay a mortgage with 0$ coming in.
This is going to make the 2008 housing bubble look like a weekend bar-b-que if they don't put a stop to it QUICKLY.

It's going to get bad, why do you think there is such a run on guns and ammo which are now (at least around here) accepting CASH ONLY.

And gold has decoupled from the dollar. Good luck purchasing a gold eagle 1 oz coin for less than $2500-3000 dollars.

Gold Coin and firearm dealers are some of the smartest people on the planet right now, way ahead.

They get it.

conflict

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Cash would be nice for some small necessities if the seller will accept it.

I know farmers who may have to butcher or otherwise kill livestock if they cannot feed them, creating a huge surplus. I would buy something from them to fill my freezers and canning jars.

I have some other, tangible goods that said farmers might take in trade as well, but I may be looking too deep into an uncertain future.....

Even in post-war Germany, cash still had some value, I am told.

Posts: 327 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Lines at the banks yesterday and today but it's the first of the month so it's payday around here! Bank lobbies are closed so it's all drive up. 4 people with 4 checks in 1 car and they all want cash!

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Interesting the difference a few months make. Weird looking back at this.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to see a lot of places that won't accept cash, claiming a shortage of change. Are banks not returning change to the system?

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are banks not returning change to the system?

This past week, while at the bank they had a standup poster at the teller window asking for people to bring in their coins. The young branch manager came by the teller windows and I ask him how there could be a coin shortage, they don't wear out over night. He didn't know but said it was coming from the federal level.

I assume you're no snowflake. This is the precursor to a cashless society! Your name may be on the balance you hold in the bank, but if it's not in your personal possession then it can be seized by the powers that be at any time. Think "bank holiday", think 1933 FDR, think 2013 Republic of Cyprus. When, not if, it becomes digital you won't be able to hold a "hole card" under the mattress. Your balance may say $50K but you can only get $300/day. You don't have to like it but you will have no recourse.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Went to the bank last week to cash a $1100 check. They weren't able to give me all $100 bills. Ended up with a pile of $50's, $20's, and a few $100's.

Something is definetly up and it's not good.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Something is definetly up and it's not good.

Don't suppose the New York afro attorney general trying to take down the NRA (with government power) falls under the same umbrella do you?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
10 years ago, change recirculated in about a 50 mile radius. The excuse now is that it is the federal reserve or the mint. Do some reading about Coinstar, it is very enlightening.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The more I read explanations about the coin shortage the stranger it is. I understand the fed isn't putting out as many. I don't know that I completely understand the reasoning why. We aren't making less product at our plant during covid. But whatever. If they are in circulation, why should we need a great supply of new?

I don't exactly buy that the shortage is caused by businesses closed down. Coins circulate. And if they don't circulate, that shouldn't affect the overall amount of available coins should it? The answers on their face seem plausible. But you start thinking about them and not so much.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo