DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Not Necessarily Racing News!    Run on Banks -- People taking OUT CASH
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Run on Banks -- People taking OUT CASH
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The only thing WE can do better is what I already do better.

Don't buy the garbaaaaage.

That'll bring em back to our shore to put OUR people back to work.

They leave it up to you to send your kids futures up the river, you see.

This negotiated arrangement gives you that choice.

https://youtu.be/mxAD_jTFm08

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
FACTS ^^^^^

CHINA doesn't make better stuff than us...they make it cheaper and more of it. WE are responsible to change this and if they do it better WE S U C K!

Bingo! They copy our technology..

Not totally correct - I am also an engineer and dealt with many US companies that manufactured product in China before I retired. The US company controlled the quality - Not the Chinese - They manufactured the product to the US specs.

Are there knock off Chinese company's that just want to steal IP, copy existing products and sell junk cheap? Yes. But understand, if they want to, the Chinese can manufacture quality products. But they do understand that lowering the cost and making a product that is good enough, and will sell while being a useful product for the consumer, makes money and happy customers. I have a few Harbor Freight tools in my shop. It boils down to useful value for the customer. For the price, the HF tools work for what I am doing. Would they work for Tim McAmis, probably not, but in a pinch I'll bet he could get by.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
How did a run at the bank turned into buying Chinese stuff?
You want to kill drag racing?, the majority of people racing would be done if it wasn't for Chinese parts and tools.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The Chinese manipulate their currency.They own over $1 trillion of US debt.

If everything was a level playing field,I believe the US can make parts and tools as good as they can.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
How did a run at the bank turned into buying Chinese stuff?
You want to kill drag racing?, the majority of people racing would be done if it wasn't for Chinese parts and tools.

That's a fallacy. The mistaken belief you base this unsound argument is you're not taking into consideration the reason racer's are forced into chinese garbaaaage. Which is evaporating standards of living due to the US economy being offshored to China.

Obviously the majority of people living on credit cards isn't sustainable for the peoples standards of living. This, after all is the same big, fat ugly bubble from 2007 only with QE to infinity added.

All they did was kick the can down the road quadrupling the debt to prop it all up.

Nothing was repaired.

If it looks like a big, fat, ugly globalism bubble and walks like a big. fat, ugly globalism bubble, it is a big, fat , ugly globalism bubble no matter if Obama or Trump say otherwise.

If Jesus said it wasn't a big, fat, ugly economic bubble, then you could trust it.

This is as easy as I can make this for you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
The sky is falling, the sky is falling ....Or is it USA

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:

Then the traitors deserve to be done anyway.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
The Chinese manipulate their currency.They own over $1 trillion of US debt.

If everything was a level playing field,I believe the US can make parts and tools as good as they can.

Of course we can make them, we still make a lot. Go price a SnapOn or Mac ratchet, then go to Harbor Freight. I remember the days when stuff was made here. The common guy didn't have a jack or a welder. We built cars with junk yard parts, not many SBC motors in the junkyard today. I have no problem with USA made, I'm not buying much these days and I've got all of my SnapOn stuff already.
How many people could afford race cars if their paying for American made TV's,refrigerators and such. I remember the dream of a Curtis-Mathes TV.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
We built cars with junk yard parts, not many SBC motors in the junkyard today.

It may be time to let go of the dinosaur SBC. There are gobs of LS engines in junkyards. Aluminum blocks, iron blocks, aluminum cylinder heads, all are readily available and much more advanced than double hump iron heads of old. I don't know, but I would guess there are several multi-valve DOHC Ford mod motors as well. And I would think there are a lot of the new hemi's available as many years as they've been out. Point being if racers want to pull in their horns there are options. But granted old habits die hard. Many that find it hard to change won't be around much longer anyhow.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2324 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Is it politically incorrect of me to voice these common sense concerns?

Will wishful thinking normalcy bias be triggered by these questions?

How long?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
As of February 2020, the M2 Money Supply was $15.5 Trillion, whereas there is $1.75 Trillion in hard currency in circulation.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Michael you're going to confuse every person here using actual facts that they won't understand anyway....
I'm waiting for people to start claiming they're moving to Canada if this situation doesn't clear up. I KNOW we'll start hearing it as it gets closer to an election and Trump getting re-elected....
At least we now know they're lying hypocrites..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4446 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really don't think there will be a run on the banks.Most people nowadays don't have a nickel on deposit.

(But they do have a nice phone.)

This ^^^^
Plus, just stop it!!!
I've heard no such thing until I saw the "headline" on here. You're the problem. Super Angry

Can ya tell I'm mad? Roll Eyes

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1601 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

It may be time to let go of the dinosaur SBC. There are gobs of LS engines in junkyards. Aluminum blocks, iron blocks, aluminum cylinder heads, all are readily available and much more advanced than double hump iron heads of old. I don't know, but I would guess there are several multi-valve DOHC Ford mod motors as well. And I would think there are a lot of the new hemi's available as many years as they've been out. Point being if racers want to pull in their horns there are options. But granted old habits die hard. Many that find it hard to change won't be around much longer anyhow.

You ever try to price ignition and induction for those things?
If it weren't for 1980's Winston Cup racing, I'd still be looking for double hump heads. I race what I can afford to race, because it's all dial in.
The days of rolling into a junkyard for a rear wheel drive V-8 base car to hot rod are gone, thanks to brobama and China.

My cash out of pocket price for that Malibu was $38, and I daily drove it for years.
Can't find that again.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1601 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

Cut out the Chinese parts for SBC,SBF,BBC motors and you'll see LS motors in bracket cars. I can count on one hand how many I've seen.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
I really don't think there will be a run on the banks.Most people nowadays don't have a nickel on deposit.

This ^^^^
Plus, just stop it!!!
I've heard no such thing until I saw the "headline" on here. You're the problem. Super Angry

I must have missed something here.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6356 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:

This ^^^^
Plus, just stop it!!!

I must have missed something here.

Yes, Mathew 10:34

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Oh probably responding to Mike The Sky is Falling and just thought I should Point it out and I told you so, Reitow. Makes sense.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6356 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Oh probably responding to Mike The Sky is Falling and just thought I should Point it out and I told you so, Reitow. Makes sense.

I never said anything about bank runs, but globalism.

Bank runs would be a result of globalism.

The sky is falling is relative, for your love of a world of sin.

To put it into perspective, 900,000 people lost their jobs in 2008. 2.5 million have already filed for unemployment 2020.

Truth brings not peace, but a sword. Mathew 10:34

Me, I'm just passing through. The sword (Truth) doesn't trouble me.

I always expect/anticipate conflicts between Good and evil.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,