DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Not Necessarily Racing News!    Trailer hitch extender
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer hitch extender
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of rallye bob
posted
I'm pulling a 24' trailer with my car and race gear. Total loaded trailer weight is in the 8500 lb range. I am pulling with a 2005 Ford f350 with factory tow pkg. I have a 2 1/2" receiver and weight distribution hitch. My question is.... I can't open my tail gate because it hits the electric trailer jack. I only need a couple inches to clear. Is there a safe way to extend the hitch ball a couple inches? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Posts: 22 | Location: usa | Registered: December 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of deadon1578
posted Hide Post
Not sure what you have now, but my Reese adjustable sticks out about 5"

Posts: 47 | Location: md | Registered: July 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rallye bob
posted Hide Post
I have the Reese #54970 weight distribution shank....

Posts: 22 | Location: usa | Registered: December 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Move the Jack a couple inches. Extending adds stress to everything supporting the tongue of the trailer.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Get a 5th wheel gate.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post