DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Footbrake & Non Electronics Talk    Ultimate slow footbrake race car.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ultimate slow footbrake race car.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Do yourself a favor and dump that rear now before you even put the car on the track.......

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
Time flies when you're having fun. last we talk I was in the mist of finishing rebuilding my house after a fire and this year we had to take care of my wife's Mom house(selling it,etc,etc,) Now I can get back to my quest of building the ultimate Slow-Mo race car. I bought this sweet 1994 Camaro that a Gentleman spent over $15k building(engine transmission, paint, the car was a beauty, he sold it to a kid who drove it for a month and then left it behind his house for three years unprotected. The car is still great but dirty and abuse by the neglect.1994 z/28 Camaro 350, carbureted, turbo 350 A1 torque 3500 stall, Borg Wagner 9 bolts rear end out of an IROC. Motor looks seized but could just be full of water(I'm taking apart the engine. My 1/4 mile aspiration 13:90 1/8 9 something. My work is starting this week-end, wish me luck I'll keep you posted.CR

Posts: 30 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
I don't know if anyone is still on this site but I've sold the Slowmocopocamaro(made money if you can believe it)anyways, I bought another slowmo street car, a fwd Monte Carlo ss Supercharged. Like my other car, the previous owner dumped $7.5k into it and decided to buy a new car to travel to Florida. So here I have a totally rebuilt car, new brakes,radiator,supercharger,tires,Borla stainless steel exhaust. I'm installing a Biondo Bluebox to race in super-pro and pro. I still have the nitrous kit from my previous build, so i might be using it. I'm going to race as much as I can and hope to see what happens. Follow me on Bracket Racing on Facebook. Wish me luck. p.s. remember I'm cheap, let's get back to racing what we have not emptying our bank accounts.thanks

Posts: 30 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it'll be a challenge to get that thing to hook. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1228 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom, I habe been doing some investigation a little and everyone who has raced these cars have found a way to get the power to the ground.lol If I had to use this in a no-prep situation(I took it on the street it might be a problem but my local track uses enough glue in their prep that i'm not that worried.lol Some guys have 4 links on their cars but wouldn't know what end to unscrew to get their cars going ,if it wasn't for the glue on the track.lol A friend gave me a set of Ditto Drag tires for the front(used but the right size anyways) If this doesn't work, I might start a youtube post on racing Copart cars right out of the lot. See yea.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just be sure and keep us updated. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1228 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post