DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Footbrake & Non Electronics Talk    Help me knock the rust off...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me knock the rust off...
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Its been years since I foot brake raced. And back when I did, I dont recall being that good at it. In my prime I was a mediocre finish line driver, but I "think" I can still execute a plan good enough to turn on a few win lights.

Any tips or suggestions for a washed up has been Super Pro guy who wants to get back on the bottom bulb off the gas pedal?

SST 350R

Posts: 910 | Location: Hebron, Ohio | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ask this in General Discussion, someone may see it. This section has been abandoned. Big Grin

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I guess!

SST 350R

Posts: 910 | Location: Hebron, Ohio | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you must footbrake, deep stage. Run races where deep is guaranteed.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Much depends on the reaction of the car. If the car will react quick enough shallow stage it and work from there. If it just won't react it's deep stage time. Have to make hits to get a baseline of where you are at in the car and work from there. Start with first flash of the bottom bulb and see if you can get consistent on it, doesn't matter what the light is as long as it's consistent, then work from there.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Agreed, seat time, see what it's like hitting it shallow, adjust RPM as needed. If you're giving it as much RPM as it will take and you're not where you want to be for RT, it's time to either take some bumps into the beams, or go right to deep staging. Something I occasionally slip on is my focus on being hard on the brake when staged. If I don't, the car will creep in. I'll catch it, but it throws me off, as I try to drop rpm or hold on the tree to try to avoid going red. You can guess how those RTs end up.

What's your ride and combo?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post