Find
Notify
Tools

Wow....
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just stopped in here after a long absence. Is anyone else still out there?

no more arguing,,,fussing...complaining...whats happened to bracket racing???

even posted once about how deepstagers cheat the system...couldnt even get a response...LOL

Posts: 1551 | Location: v*** | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jim I went by your trailer a few times to speak with you at Piedmont, but we kept missing each other. Then I saw you pull out early to head home. Sorry I missed you, but wish I could have missed you on the track tho...lol

Posts: 115 | Location: 2008 IHRA SSS No Box WC | Registered: June 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
Psst.... Is this thing on?

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bracketracer-78:
... It sure is quiet on here.

Hey. I'm trying. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
Start a deep staging topic. That always works.

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^

* Was always curious ............. Is deepstage/deep stage one word, or two words?

That's all I got ............ Ice Cream

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We could discus the minimum tread depth rule in street, lol.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Really? You have even seen such a rule about thread depth? Smile I would not mind "arguing" about stuff like that. LOL. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think that's determined by the driver ........ "It's when you spin off the starting line .. and it kills you reaction time, and your dial-in." ...... LOL!

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Raser:
quote:

I think that's determined by the driver ........ "It's when you spin off the starting line .. and it kills you reaction time, and your dial-in." ...... LOL!

Dave

I actually have a E-mail from Bruce Wilson stating the minimum is 2/32. I do have a set of Hoosier dot tires that I want to try. MG has been known to hassle me in tech and I don't want to go back and be told to run pro with the dot tires on the car. I could bolt them on for a test and tune, but if they work and I go back on a points day I don't want them to be not legal for street or trophy.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I actually have a E-mail from Bruce Wilson stating the minimum is 2/32. I do have a set of Hoosier dot tires that I want to try. MG has been known to hassle me in tech and I don't want to go back and be told to run pro with the dot tires on the car. I could bolt them on for a test and tune, but if they work and I go back on a points day I don't want them to be not legal for street or trophy.

Well I'll be darned. I was not actually serious. They check the tread depth...son of a gun. I am trying to remember what the popular ET Streets and/or Quick Time Pros are when they are brand new. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
6/32 is what I saw on Summit's site for the ET Street R.

Couldn't find the info for Hoosiers.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have two sets of rims and keep DOT tires mounted on both. Ironically, it seems the worn out ones see more time on the street. For instance, the worn out ones are on the car right now, in the off season, so that I am not using up tire life away from the track.

I believe that if there were a 2/32" minimum tread depth rule here, I could make it work, but I would have to pay attention to it. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
First we had the running of the bulls now this... https://ruggedmaniac.com/events/pennsylvania/

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wow. Whatever it takes to keep the gates open.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
There is at least one track in this area that schedules ...ahem... non-drag racing events at least three or four times a year. The advertisements on the track's website are good for a laugh or two. I would wager good money that those events are a heck of a lot more profitable than any of their bracket races are. Frown Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
many years ago there was an article in Bracket Racing USA bt Dale Wilson about these three friends racing with delay boxes in their street cars and beeping quite successful. I lost that and many more magazines in a fire that gutted my house. I wish I still had it because I still have a brand new box never used that I could use in my Slomo Cheapo Camaro I'm building. Love to try it. Anyone know if they still have it. Thanks

Posts: 30 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I know my car is cosmetically challenged but after going 4 rounds at super chevy I am unable to find 1 picture of my car at that event other then the one with all the cars in the staging lanes.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Speaking of street, what is everyone using for mufflers?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Speaking of street, what is everyone using for mufflers?

Stainless 2 1/2" Borlas, here. I used to run the absolute cheapest turbo mufflers I could get, but they rust out too quickly. Take care. Tom Worthington