New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wow....
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
its takes Twice as much alky to make the same power as 110to 112 race gas so take your alky price and double it also there is more maintence with Alky.

Posts: 1701 | Location: usa | Registered: May 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of J115
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moparwedge6:
its takes Twice as much alky to make the same power as 110to 112 race gas so take your alky price and double it also there is more maintence with Alky.

this is true BUT a drum of 110 is $455 and 112 $485 Alky at $160 doubled $320 still way cheaper the big cost is the conversion new carb,fuel pump and reg., bigger lines I figure $1200 to $1500 to do all that so it would take 3 to 5 years before you will save any $$$$

Jack

Posts: 603 | Location: Columbus,NJ | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
My local track has race fuel at $9.70 a gallon and alky is at $3.60 a gallon. My whole fuel system is getting changed out besides the carb this spring so upgrading is a mute point for me. I will only need a alky carb to change over.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of J115
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bracketracer-78:
My local track has race fuel at $9.70 a gallon and alky is at $3.60 a gallon. My whole fuel system is getting changed out besides the carb this spring so upgrading is a mute point for me. I will only need a alky carb to change over.

you know you can have your carb redone for alky at 1/2 the cost just saying

Jack

Posts: 603 | Location: Columbus,NJ | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of blkdout71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moparwedge6:

im guessing you never ran alky because this statement is not even close to true. you do have a little more maintnance and use a little more fuel but not double and it makes way more power than gas.

Posts: 35 | Location: Lititz | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
IF YOU CONVERT TO ALKY : USE A LEAN OUT TO HELP WARMUP QUICKER ....... USING LESS FUEL .

PROPERLY TUNED : CLOSER TO 1.46 UNITS / ALKY : 1 UNITS / GAS .

BUT WHO'S COUNTING ?

~~

OTHER POSSIBLE CHANGES

SMALL // SMALLER RADIATOR , SLOWER WATERPUMP SPEED.

OR INTERMITTED TEMP CONTROL WATER SENDER IN THE

BLOCK ......

BLAH BLAH BLAH

~~

STILL NED TO GO RNDS TO HELP PAY FOR THE SYSTEM .....

> PUMP GAS CARS GO RNDS !

Posts: 723 | Location: ? | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of J115
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by team vertigo:
IF YOU CONVERT TO ALKY : USE A LEAN OUT TO HELP WARMUP QUICKER ....... USING LESS FUEL .

BUT WHO'S COUNTING ?

~~

OTHER POSSIBLE CHANGES

BLOCK ......

BLAH BLAH BLAH

~~

what do you know ??????? Rolling Rolling

Jack

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 723 | Location: ? | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J115:
quote:
Originally posted by team vertigo:

BUT WHO'S COUNTING ?

~~

OTHER POSSIBLE CHANGES

BLOCK ......

BLAH BLAH BLAH

~~

what do you know ??????? Rolling Rolling

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> HOODS R USELESS ~!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Alky makes better fumes and if you don't seal up your car real good you get to smell them all the way down the track...........GAWD I miss the '92 Camaro!!! Nothing like it. Closest I will ever get to a TAFC

Johnny "Bullwinkle" Weaver
'Weaver Racing-brought to you by a thin wallet and fat dreams!'

Posts: 774 | Location: PA | Registered: July 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't be nice if MG would have there results on DRR like they did years ago?

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Goatman
posted Hide Post
What do you mean ?? Confused
Fast Eddie posts them weekly !!!!!!!!
I think this is either the second or 3rd year.
Keep up the good work Eddie

Posts: 58 | Location: Honey Brook PA. | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goatman:
What do you mean ?? Confused
Fast Eddie posts them weekly !!!!!!!!
I think this is either the second or 3rd year.
Keep up the good work Eddie

Before the live timing was up and fast eddie posted the results, DRR used to post the results up every week. Its appreciated what fast eddie is doing but years ago the results were posted round by round and with reaction times and et's. I would NEVER expect someone who is volunteering there time to do something like that.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Today I was shopping for fuel line for Frankenstein. Why does NHRA have a approved list when half of the fuel line on it is not recommended for fuel?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had something happen to me that I never saw coming. On Friday at super chevy I was getting ready to make my second time shot and chaos unfolded right before me at the end of the staging lanes. There was a lack of communication between the track workers. Long story short when I was waved to the burn out box I was running a little warmer then I wanted, 180 deg. I did my burn out all the sudden I see hands in front of my wind shield waving me back. When I backed up I saw the puddle of tranny fluid that I just dropped. After I pulled over to the side the track worker came over to me and apologized for holding me up. I also had the guy who teched me in on Thursday stop me and ask how my weekend went and I told him how my weekend was short due to a $10.00 part. It is appreciated that they stopped what they were doing and talked to me.

I also want to say thank you to yarddart406 and Mike Nessinger and families for putting untold late nights and long hours of work to get my car ready for this past weekend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bracketracer-78,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What happened to quarter aces? That track is no longer listed in nd.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bracketracer-78:
What happened to quarter aces? That track is no longer listed in nd.

this answers my question.
http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/Lo...r=PY&SRID=3983198451

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
..... sure is quiet here, AGAIN, LOL.

DRR Pro
Picture of Jim Young
posted Hide Post
Just stopped in here after a long absence. Is anyone else still out there?

Jim "4-Ever" Young
NJ FOOTBRAKE DIVISION

Posts: 2089 | Location: On the Road | Registered: September 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Holy cow. This threads back from the dead. I'm still here. Almost everyone else is over on f-book. I don't post much on here like I did in the past.