Find
Notify
Tools

Wow....
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of J115
posted Hide Post
they're doing it because this year the winners and runner ups from each track get to race at the Nat'l event at E-town

Jack

Posts: 603 | Location: Columbus,NJ | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I know the South is mostly IHRA but they have a lot of index racing down here. But they can't seem to get it the same at any 2 tracks. Each is different. Frown

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mezmorized
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bracketracer-78:
Here is a good article.
http://etdragracing.com/magazi...-or-income-sources-2

Great article! It would get twisted around in these parts though LOL

Posts: 22 | Location: Pontiac, Québec, Canada | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And speaking of the cost of racing, has anyone checked the price of race fuel lately Eek

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of J115
posted Hide Post
quote:
And speaking of the cost of racing, has anyone checked the price of race fuel lately Eek

yup thinking might have to change to ALKY for next year Banging Head Banging Head

Jack

Posts: 603 | Location: Columbus,NJ | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I bought 110 here in NC this morning for $8.30 a gal. But I think he will go up because thats what he charged last year.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of J115
posted Hide Post
Fern, up here it's $8.42/gal IF you buy it by the drum $455 total, 112 is $8.98/gal $485/drum and this is Sunoco Eyes may have to switch to akly next year $165/drum

Jack

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Jack whats a drum last you up there/, 2 years maybe Rolling

DRR Sportsman
Picture of J115
posted Hide Post
Laughing good one Fern, I go through 2 or 3 a year

Jack

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The alky switch has me thinking. The next motor I build will be an alcoholic for sure.

Posts: 38 | Location: Lancaster,PA | Registered: June 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, switch Frankenstein to Alky. That would be interesting. The price of race fuel is currently at $9.60 to $9.70 depending on where i would go.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of J115
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm, switch Frankenstein to Alky. That would be interesting. The price of race fuel is currently at $9.60 to $9.70 depending on where i would go.

now compare that to Alky at $3.05ish a gal. see why I'm thinking about it big idea

Jack

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, after the soap opera on the other thread im going to hijack my own. It looks like Maple Grove is going to try the index racing that has been going on at Atco and Cecil County for years. The rules seem to be the same between the three tracks. This will bring out the test and tuners who will never bracket race. I imagine if this takes off there will be more classes and dates added in the future.

http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/blog/?page_id=9253

http://www.cecilcountydragway....treetcarshootout.pdf

Here is a great article about the e-town index racing. It covers the 8.50 class that Maple Grove will be running.
http://www.dragzine.com/featur...drag-racings-savior/

DRR Sportsman
Picture of J115
posted Hide Post
that's because this year the winners of the 11.50 index racing will be invited to the Nat'l event at either e-town or Maple just I just don't rememeber which one

Jack

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I beleive it will be at e-town. I hope that this is a success and they add more classes. I would like to try the pro dial class.

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Pro Dial is fun, and there are tricks to be learned to be good at it. Wink

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Jim Young
posted Hide Post
What are these "tricks" you speak of...?

Jim "4-Ever" Young
NJ FOOTBRAKE DIVISION

Posts: 2089 | Location: On the Road | Registered: September 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh Jim ......... You have so much to learn Big Grin

bob

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Young:

Come try it sometime and we'll show you! Smile

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post