Find
Notify
Tools

FWD help
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted
Sold all my slowmocopo Camaro complete, made some money and now I've decided or should I say my health has decided that there will be no more wrenching on race cars, but before I could stop myself, I bought a 2004 Monte Carlo ss supercharged, the previous owner had just spent close to 7k in parts on the car(new everything) so I will be bracket racing a FWD car. I had great luck with my 3.8. Oldsmobile FWD but this Monte Carlo ss came with 235.55/16 Hankook tires, my question is what type of psi do I run the tires? I've just finish changing the yoke spline on the supercharger(it was loose) change the belt to bypass the aircond and will be installing an trans oil cooler(bigger) and pan. Any help will be appreciated. thanks

Posts: 30 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
Put some air bags in the rear coil springs, I’d get a drag radial for that, I’d be surprised if the street tire will be consistent. Also I’d consider hunting down someone to do an ecm tune to lock the timing down under wot conditions. Also get you a nice digital water temp gauge and be really anal about nailing the same temp every pass.

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
The air bags I have, the radials are a possibility but I'm going to try during the practice before the season opens. I have installed a temp,boost,trans oil temp and brake psi.gauge.These are all parts i had lying around the shop from my old stocker cars.What i'm looking for is psi for the tires and what rpm i should try leaving or what other FWD racers have been using. thanks Chris.

Posts: 30 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
My brother and I have ran a couple of Gm J body cars alot. 3.1 liters, neither would repeat on a street tire. His cavalier had a little lower first gear and would spin with drag radials. Mine would try but not 100%. Radials made them killer. Generally I’d leave at 1500 and he liked about 1800 rpm. Both had to be deep staged to put us in the .01-.02 area on tree.

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
Chris, what type of Radials?

DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
M/t Et streets

Chris Walters

DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
Thanks you for the help. How about BF Goodrich for Drag Radials? 16 inch. thanks

DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
Would these wheels fit?

Taylor Motorsports-Indiana
Price Racing Clan-Midwest

Posts: 982 | Location: Evansville, Ind. | Registered: October 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
no wheel is showing?

DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
I have a Facebook site it's call Bracket Racing very simple also have a site called Jr.Stocker. Please post some of your cars. thanks

DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
Is it the site with the picture of all the cars sitting in the staging lanes? I can't find your name as a administrator.

Taylor Motorsports-Indiana
Price Racing Clan-Midwest

Posts: 982 | Location: Evansville, Ind. | Registered: October 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
Yes it is that site.

DRR Trophy
Picture of cicero819
posted Hide Post
Ok, I tried the front wheel thing and decided to sell the car. Ill stick to my Camaro convertible Tooslowcopo. thanks