DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Footbrake & Non Electronics Talk    Could we be witnessing an end to different eliminators?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could we be witnessing an end to different eliminators?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
It'll be interesting to see how many footbrake cars are there for tomorrow's 10k race.

Are you gonna be one of them, or will you at least be able to find out what happens?

I was the runner up (double breakout) of tonight's combined all run bracket race, at my local track (Brewers Speedway). I was not the only footbraker left in the semi final, either. There were more delay boxers than footbrakers, in the first round, and we do not separate them out. Your mileage may vary. Wink

However, if it had been $100 to enter, I would have passed on it (it was actually only $20 for a $1,000 total purse). Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
How many total vehicles in that 'all run bracket class'?

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Raser:
How many total vehicles in that 'all run bracket class'?

Dave

14, last night. He has never gotten more than 30, and he has always paid the full $1,000 for a $20 entry. Done it for several years now.

How can he do it? Spectators. Seriously. He runs the bracket race right along side of his test and tune session. However, the bracket car passes are usually the only ones where the scoreboards are turned on. You would not believe the size of the spectator crowd. I think he has the occasional bracket races just so the spectators can see an ET, once in awhile.

First round, my competitor was from Connecticut in a rental car. Second, third, and fourth rounds they had delay boxes and were quicker than I. We ended up splitting $400, $300, $150/$150. Know another race where you get $300 for winning only three rounds...and with a $20 entry?! Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
.I see. No wonder you race at that track. You sure do have a bargin, right there. I guess it pays just the winner $1000 .. then you guys split it down 4 ways? .. about a 5 rounder?

If they had that entry/payout up around here .. I can tell you for sure that there would be more than 20 cars running for it. That's nice that the operator or owner invests his spectator money back to the racers ....... wow.

On a side note ..... I heard that at Capitol's 10k today/evening .. that there were approx 180 cars ... and about 7 footbrakers. It'd be nice to see a "David vs. Goliath story"!

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Raser:
.I see. No wonder you race at that track. You sure do have a bargin, right there. I guess it pays just the winner $1000 .. then you guys split it down 4 ways? .. about a 5 rounder?

If they had that entry/payout up around here .. I can tell you for sure that there would be more than 20 cars running for it. That's nice that the operator or owner invests his spectator money back to the racers ....... wow.

On a side note ..... I heard that at Capitol's 10k today/evening .. that there were approx 180 cars ... and about 7 footbrakers. It'd be nice to see a "David vs. Goliath story"!

Dave

Oh, it is even better than that. Maybe 15 miles from my front door. I don't even use the trailer. And 14 cars is only four rounds...no b*ybacks. Big Grin

7 footbrakers, huh? I would have to assume they are the same ones that would have shown up for a delay box event, last season. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
It'll be interesting to see how many footbrake cars are there for tomorrow's 10k race.

Are you gonna be one of them, or will you at least be able to find out what happens?

I was the runner up (double breakout) of tonight's combined all run bracket race, at my local track (Brewers Speedway). I was not the only footbraker left in the semi final, either. There were more delay boxers than footbrakers, in the first round, and we do not separate them out. Your mileage may vary. Wink

However, if it had been $100 to enter, I would have passed on it (it was actually only $20 for a $1,000 total purse). Take care. Tom Worthington

I won't be one until I put a box in the car. I heard the car count was 160 then 178, then 180 for top and 35 Jr's. I also heard there were 11 footbrake and 1 no box.

At 20 for 1k I should tow down there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ron Gusack,

Posts: 455 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Why not try to just convince the owner just don;t let them run together until 2 is left in each class? Simple and how my local 1/8th mile track does it and brings in a decent amount of cars. TOP DOG! Good Morning

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I guess Capitol will be doing the same formula again today (Sunday), this time for $5K instead of $10K. I would be curious about the number of footbrakers that sign up for it today, as well. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Why not try to just convince the owner just don;t let them run together until 2 is left in each class? Simple and how my local 1/8th mile track does it and brings in a decent amount of cars. TOP DOG! Good Morning
I meant when 1 car is left in each class-Sorry!

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Any numbers from Capitol on Sunday ?

And Ron, be sure and check out my posts in the Brewers Speedway thread. I've made posts about what they have been doing there since 2011. $1K total purse for $20 entry since at least back that far. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry ........ haven't heard anything.

Dave

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Sunday had 113 entries, 4 footbrake and 0 no-box.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 736 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I meant when 1 car is left in each class-Sorry!

The trouble with this is that the car counts aren't anywhere close to even so how would the payout work? I think the track operator is happy with the current arrangement so far. When he gets over a 100 entries he adds 500 bucks to first place money.

Posts: 455 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
quote:

And Ron, be sure and check out my posts in the Brewers Speedway thread. I've made posts about what they have been doing there since 2011. $1K total purse for $20 entry since at least back that far. Take care. Tom Worthington

I've seen your posts about Brewer's for a few years Tom. I'm sure you know I was kidding about towing down there. I don't even like towing to MIR or Dixon but I'm not gonna try to compete with the box cars so I'm sorta stuck. I'm figuring about 5k to get the car the way I'd want it to run box and then I'd have to learn how to leave with it. I wish he would have made this change at the end of last year.

I'm not sure I'd like the covered starting line. Seems like big differences in track temps might make marginal hooking cars have some issues just off the line. I guess there aren't any complaints or he'd have changed it already.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ron Gusack,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
Sunday had 113 entries, 4 footbrake and 0 no-box.

4. I would have to say we are witnessing an end to different eliminators. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
I guess I should have mentioned earlier .... I was at Maple Grove on Sunday .. and that I didn't hear about Capitol entries, etc.

I do see Tom Reyer's post above.

On a side note .... one that I've mentioned earlier here on DRR ............ Maple Grove had a very good turnout for their regular bracket race on Sunday.

They had 50 (plus or minus) Street Elim cars .... and 70 to 80 Pro cars for Sunday's regular brkt pts race.

As far as Super Pro (electronics) ... not so good (I think I heard less than 40 cars .. not sure ... but, definately the lightest class).

Which makes me kinda see what's going on around our racing area (Cecil, Maple, Capitol, and I guess more). I would think that Bradshaw(Capitol) see's these light box classes at other tracks .. and probably knows and hears that 'they' don't want to run for a pro-rated purse with a 50k to 100k race vehicle (at these other tracks) ... and decides to give them the big guarenteed purse .. and go to one class.

At least ...... that's what it appears.

Dave

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Looks as though the IHRA thinks there is no longer a need for separate eliminators.

quote:
Originally posted by rocketolds400:
Interesting....

- Box and Junior Class.
- No Box racers welcome. Will be run separate in Box class until 1 car left. $1,000 bonus to final No Box car.
- Deep staging prohibited in all classes including Juniors

And this is their new and improved bracket racing program for the grassroots racers, that is apparently replacing everything else the IHRA used to do. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Deep Staging Prohibited.

Great way to lose racers!

Taking a page from the NHRA and how to kill your business!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
Deep Staging Prohibited.

It is anyone's guess where that logic comes from.

Maybe, since they are only going to have ONE eliminator for the adults, they actually want to discourage the participation of really slow cars. Can't have a quick dragster being embarrassed by a street car now can we? Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
Deep Staging Prohibited.

It is anyone's guess where that logic comes from.

Maybe, since they are only going to have ONE eliminator for the adults, they actually want to discourage the participation of really slow cars. Can't have a quick dragster being embarrassed by a street car now can we? Take care. Tom Worthington

It isn't just slow cars that need to deep stage.

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post