DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Footbrake & Non Electronics Talk    Could we be witnessing an end to different eliminators?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could we be witnessing an end to different eliminators?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by botmbulb:
It isn't just slow cars that need to deep stage.

It'll just be too bad for anyone that wishes to deep stage. Of course, none of the delay box equipped cars deep stage. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
First regular bracket race this year at Maple Grove ..... under hired director/consultant Bill Bader, Jr. (making some changes / restructured entry and purses, and more) ... had approx 60 Street cars .. approx 100 Super Pro cars .. 100 to 120(?) Pro cars ...... bikes, trophy, Jr Street, 3 classes of Jr Dragsters, and a few license/test cars ... one or two mild clean-ups. Started time shots @ 10 a.m. / done by @ 10:30 p.m.

Yes, ..... first race .. perfect weather .. some other tracks were not running. But, there's been this scenario before at other tracks .. at different times ..... but, nowhere near this stature. For all the info, check out their website .... and check out their year end awards purses .. WOW!

Looks promising.

Also, this year ... Capitol brought their Mod class back (not sure how that will work out?)

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Was looking forward the first Galot Motorsports bracket race of the 2019 season. Then I checked out the specifics (flyer).

https://www.facebook.com/GALOT...6770/?type=3&theater

For Footbrake, it is a $100 entry fee with two rounds of $50 b*ybacks. First place pays $1,000, runner up $300, semis $150. No. That is not a misprint. The "carrot" is that the Footbrake winner and runner up will be advanced into the Top eliminations. Top is paying $5,000 for first place. Another example of what I have been suggesting. A "combining" of eliminators. I sure will not be attending. The $100 entry fee was enough to scare me off. The $1,000 purse was just a slap in the face (for a big entry fee) on top of that. I am pretty sure you could pay your $100, win four rounds in a row, and then get nothing. I doubt they will get much of a Footbrake turnout, but I still see this as being the wave of the future. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Dave Raser
posted Hide Post
Yeah ........ spend $200 and get nothing each time, would 'take the wind out of your sail' (wallet).

But ...... that $50 entry to win a cruise would be worth going for!

Dave

Posts: 1903 | Location: penna. | Registered: January 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Raser:
Yeah ........ spend $200 and get nothing each time, would 'take the wind out of your sail' (wallet).

But ...... that $50 entry to win a cruise would be worth going for!

Dave

And like I want a cruise. What does second place pay? TWO cruises? Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pay $150 for two days, split $1300 after 4 rds then try to collect rd money in Super Pro. I'm in. Big Grin

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Pay $150 for two days, split $1300 after 4 rds then try to collect rd money in Super Pro. I'm in. Big Grin

With two rounds of b*ybacks, do you really think you will be down to four cars after only four rounds? If you are, I'd bet they will not make the 110 (total) car minimum.

But hey, I wish you luck. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Probably take 5 rounds. 6th round is a freebie. I've already driven ****her and spent more (to run for less) this year.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
So, given that even some local/weekly bracket races are trying to combine the footbrake winners with the late round delay box winners, is there still some doubt to where this is where we are heading? Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:

Did you notice a few of the big races that are inviting footbrakers by keeping them separated from the delay box competitors until all the footbrakers have been eliminated?

they've been doing it locally for years. In all those years, not a single footbrake car has won the final to my knowledge. I've been involved twice and lost twice. When I mentioned this to another footbrake racer, his response was one that entailed NOT participating at all knowing that he's at a disadvantage against a box car.

Posts: 104 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post